Vynil for Acura CL bulding rust in dotted area

Guest ozamora

Guest ozamora

Last year I posted about rust appearing on the dotter area of the rear windows of my car (here).

The tint guy eventually retinted the rear window. Two months later rust started to appear agaiin. He finally took out the tint for the dotted area.

Although I will not see rust ever again, I am not liking the untinted dotted area.

I was thinking on installing vynil, and I am here fo you guys to suggest if I should do so, and where (in south FL).

Thanks in advance !!

Guest metint

Good chance you'll see rust with vinyl as well... unless they can apply it dry.

The matrix must have an iron component to it that rusted when exposed to the water used to install the film. Vinyl is installed in a similar fashion... rust after that fact... :thumb only time will tell.

vinly it dude, you wont be sorry.

I have had that problem with the new BUGS rusting up top, I vinyl over the area and WALLAH :thumb problem solved, if it does rust again you cant see it from the inside or outside plus the matrix dots look good as hell.

Guest ozamora
vinly it dude, you wont be sorry.

I have had that problem with the new BUGS rusting up top, I vinyl over the area and WALLAH :thumb problem solved, if it does rust again you cant see it from the inside or outside plus the matrix dots look good as hell.

pardon my ignorance, does the vynil go inside or outside the window? How long does it take to install it?

Guest ozamora

some people said it might have not been rust, but mold.

Anyhow, any good location in south florida where I can let an expert install the vynil? Or how to search for it?

Thanks

Archived