1992 Buick roadmaster

s15_tint_pimp

I felt like typing computer_smiley28.gif 

There are multiple ways to accomplish these doors.  If possible, I do recommend pulling these door panels.

Not sure your experience, not sure if you are hand cutting... soooo...... good luck :thumb

Always pay attention to where and how the fingers end up as you are cutting out you piece on the car.  This is a preface to what you will need to shrink.  The window will tell you  smilie_sonst_014.gif

You can=  Turn your film sideways and shrink the sides instead of top to bottom.  Not my favorite method, but it works. 

You can= Shrink on the door (either dryer sheet or wet shrink)  move your fingers evenly top and bottom, and shrink it like you would a backglass.  Do this before fully trimming the top edge and you can fix the edges on your peel board.  

this last one is the wordy long version of above and I hope I explain it well.  This reminds me of  "old school wet shrinking only"

you are basically going to act like you are installing on the outside.  

You can= cut out your piece to fit.  Leave window down where you trim the top edge and place film on outside as if you were installing it.  Squeegee, without moving out too much water, moving all fingers to the bottom(stop at half of window).  Now peel back top edge just enough to carefully roll up the window..  continue moving fingers to the bottom without creasing and even them out.  Now shrink the top part of all the fingers to about 3/4 of the way.  Stop shrinking before the bottom gasket so you don't mess up.  Now remove and replace the piece leaving a slight gap above the bottom gasket.  Carefully resqueegee as if installing.  You should have a few fingers left to shrink at the bottom 1/4 of the piece.  Shrink what's left being careful not to curl your corners.  You should be ready for install at this point with only the middle to bottom being shrunk.  

Archived