Help!!

Guest Misterman

Guest Misterman

Hello Fellow Tinters, I attempted to tint a 98' Jeep grand cherokee yesterday, and I noticed the two front windows need to be heat shrinked...what is the best way to heat shrink side windows? Should I cut out my pattern then shrink on the out side of the glass or should I apply the film then shrink out the fingers. Please help. Thanks

Guest Sprinter

yes apply the film after doing all your cuts leave an inch off the bottom edge up from the gasket and squegee out like a rainbow then shink the fingers as in a wet shrink, use a hard card to push the shrunk fingers down!

Guest Misterman

leave an inch off the bottom edge up from the gasket and squegee out like a rainbow then shink the fingers as in a wet shrink

Sorry Sprinter, I dont understand this part...are you saying to remove the liner and apply the film to the glass, then squeegee the film and shrink any fingers that pop-up? I dont understand the "inch" part

Another great reason to use gasket wizards. Then you can tuck the film all the way down past the felt rubbers. Then you put the gasket wizards back and heatshrink the fingers all the way to the bottom of the tint without burning the pannels. before you shrink, push all the water out right to the top of the fingers. It's good to leave a bit of water with the fingers when you shrink on the inside so you have less problems with the film sticking to the glass. If you don't have gasket wizards I sujest shrinking on the outside of the window.

apply the Film on the Outside then Shrink on the INside :lol

are you an idiot?? ignore him, he's new. right after you cut the film to size on the front pull the full up a little on the window so you have some hanging over the top but none hanging over the bottom then squeegee like a rainbow to create fingers then hit em with your heat gun and card them down. Then take the film off the window clean the inside of the window peal the liner and wet it then wet the window and stick it and squeegee :lol

apply the Film on the Outside then Shrink on the INside :lol

are you an idiot?? ignore him, he's new. right after you cut the film to size on the front pull the full up a little on the window so you have some hanging over the top but none hanging over the bottom then squeegee like a rainbow to create fingers then hit em with your heat gun and card them down. Then take the film off the window clean the inside of the window peal the liner and wet it then wet the window and stick it and squeegee :lol

sorry I mean the opposite. Cuz most of the windows dont Give fingers :lol

Archived