no shows!

Hi guys.

I'm a one man business and have been fitting auto tint for 15 years here in the UK and 'no shows' are a real bug bear of mine.

I've thought of trying all the things you guys have mentioned, deposits, texting appointments, etc. but people will do what they want, even with systems in place. I try and have a dealership job here for the day as a backup or I set aside certain days of the week to do auto work only. Mondays and Fridays are always good as the phone rings the most on those days and by collecting the car helps as well. If all else fails - Paperwork or marketing !

Barry

I use square to do my transactions and they have a new scheduling feature that can take a deposit and send a text message reminder and they can schedule online. I haven't tried it myself yet, I try to go off first come first serve for the same reason as everyone else (no shows) or showing up late. I personally love square for transaction. They are always coming out with new features.

I also do custom headlight builds and monir paint work. This type of work I don't give a next day deadline for so I always have something else to work on when I get no shows.

I'd say even when they no show they will usually call in with an excuse and I will get the vehicle another time about 75% of the time so I don't really stress about the no shows.

I only take appointments for a (Day) meaning I guarantee a day your car will be done and complete the vehicles in the order of who called first. After 8 am which is my starting time assuming my day isn't full already it becomes first come first serve. For people who want to minimize their wait then I tell them it's best to schedule them on a day that I have no other cars scheduled so they will be first in first out. For the ones who say can you do it on a particular day at (1:48) or whatever I tell them to call an hour or so on that day before they are able to show up so I will be able to give them an honest answer on whether or not I am available depending on my work load. I don't give anyone an appointment who wants to schedule in the middle of the day or anytime after starting time. With this method in prime time season tinting season I already have all I can do for the day sitting waiting to be done.  Not the only way but it works for me

Archived