Starting New Shop

About to jump out on my own. Can anyone tell me why I should use Llumar ATR and CTX over Aegis Films? My market has been gutted by two morons, 99.99 for any car/truck and 50 bucks for RU's with W/S w/ lifetime warranties. I have two glass shops, two dealerships and a few service companies that will follow me. Should I gut the market more just to gain business? I have worked in the area for a few years and work for one said moron. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome Dan :passout

Take a step back and look at the big picture. Here's my take:

1. By working for a moron that charges $99.99 for any car/truck with life-time warranty, if you are still reasonably paid above US$2000-3000 a month, apparently the moron enjoys a roaring business.

2. If the moron had been in business for a few years, you must try understand the tint that he is using and if the returns/warranty issues are minimial, you should consider using the same product.

3. Finally, if the answers to the above questions are positive, you should adopt their moronic business model. BUT WAIT, there are already 2 morons in the town so it is gonna be saturated. The 2 glass companies and 2 dealerships can still also play you out and makes you a pawn for them to negotiate lower prices with the 2 existing morons. In our business, many dealerships makes more money from each tinted car, than tinters.

YOU CAN duplicate the success of the two morons in another town of similiar spending power, population and most importantly, moron-free. (Study the existing competitors). Be careful about your rentals too.

Archived