tint over tint?

Guest FORT SLIDER

Guest FORT SLIDER

I have some silver to smoke tint on my truck and I wanna go darker without removing it, can I put tint directly over it? if so, how will I clean the tint without scratching it (prep the window), and if I can't overlap 2 layers of tint, why not? thanks

Guest ChopShopCustomz

Over lapping is ok...just use some soapy water and a squeegee to prep...if you miss some specks you might not see them due to the layering...

Guest thetintshop

double layering is ok, as long as it's not a moving window. sliders, side glasses, ect. don't seem to work too good. in my past experience anyway.

I always put double 5% on my truck rear windows and ext. cab window I have doubled 5% too. funny thing is the kids when they ride back there playing there gameboys they b***h and complain that they cannot see what they are doing even on the brightest of days because it being so dark back there :shoot1

Guest Rama

I really can't add anything to this, everything has already been said. Except that if you offered a warranty, the mfg wouldn't uphold it for 2 layers. I doubt that is an issue for you. I also have many times doubled up film, works fine, just dark as heck, and hard to see out of on cloudy gray days. Really, the only reason I posted anything, was to see if my avatar was here or not. 1st post on the new board as a member! Yeah!!

Archived