do you burn felt with torch?

Well... it's no secret to many here that I am an outspoken critic of the idea of using an open-flame torch (of any size) around someone else's most valuable possession.  :prof

It's simply not a common sense thing to do.  :crazy

As to burning felt, the one factor before all others is the fact that you are accelerating the felt's aging through immediate damage to felt. Many years of heat exposure in seconds. Not much difference than using a heat gun on felt or deck fibers, just much quicker. :facepalm2  

I mow down the rear deck fibers with a heat gun,,I gave up the idea of using a torch unless the heat gun failed

The door felt I soak with spray bottle stuff,,if I charged a lot I might tape it

It takes some time+thought to figure out how to get the film on the glass with no contamination or creases

Archived