Finger free BG

VW BG  lets say the BG is 25% of a circle.  so 4 bg to make a circle.  glass 1/4 thick and 46 inch is height. 

C= pie x D

c= 184 inches /pie 58.6 diameter

subtract 1/2 from d (1/4+1/4 glass thickness)

times pie = 182.4 is new inner diameter

divide by 4

= 45.6 new circumference

the film will grow 1/2 inch on the inside

and the arc will be tighter as well. powder method lets me overshrink to compensate for the tighter curve.

i spray the side of the car down to keep the dust from being pulled in, including under side mirror.  i never wash a car and only wipe it after i tint it.  gravity. electricity and geometry come into play when you tint

powder shrink TS8000 torch and Double dry

I failed Geometry in high school then passed it in summer school.

Didn't know then I had an eye for seeing/reading surfaces geometrically at that time but, once on a pool table or heat shrinking a back glass, I aced geometry!

Whoa, that franky style ... not for this installer.  :hot

impalas, grand prix or any large BG do a 3 point landing with my head.  as I had mentioned, been a long time since i done a BG, my assistant does the rear windows.  always considered the BG the easy window. does not move and no gaskets to fight. As for the toss,  not one of my better ones, thought about a copulation of tossed BG showing it. have to check my old vids see what I have.

All I ever knew was the Franky rear glass install and had the film on my head with them bigger rear glass

I did reverse roll a mustang with rollbars once this spring since 1989,,the others that had rollbars I managed or had someone help guide it on

I gotta get a lightbar soon,lol

Archived