Dot matrix trim help?

Hey guys I'm a new to TintDude. I'm wondering how should I come at these dot matrix trims. Like at the rear window at the top it be like a bar full of dot matrix. I learned that I could apply the tint as usual and just pill back the top and use glue and it will black out the dots. What about the trim thought? Would I have to do the same for the trim or should I just cut the tint inside the dot matrix trim. Someone please give some advice about the dot matrix trim. Thanks in advance.

I've used it but the best thing I found when I was doing yachts was Sika Glass Primer. Tape off the dots, get a small foam brush and run it in a sis to side motion. Takes less than 10 min. and dries right now. It is permanently adhered to the glass in between the dots, it is lighter than alcohol so it is a one time use because it starts to evaporate as soon as it is open. I get an extra 50 from the customers that don't like the silvering effect at the fritt, then tint up to where the dots start. Less shrinking and a beautiful install. Hope this helps

Cheers

Beta prime 5504g - cost effective which I use.

Sika brand is fairly expensive (get it from eBay) best price.

We get ours by the case because one of they guys does marine windows. Hope this helps, just follow directions that's all. Do not get it on the interior

Archived