Suntek CXP vs Llumar CTX

I have cxp 80 on my wife's van windshield and love it.  

Cost would be part of the equation add will as the shop or tinter.  Just film name is a smaller factor if the llumar shop isn't as good of work or if they are twice the price. 

3 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

It is between the photo itself and my editing...there is no reflection on CTX.  Here is a few more...

35723752750_e150afe907_b.jpg

32739961263_9a75a2f347_b.jpg

36570010666_c8cd5e4d8d_b.jpg

36478488841_4a48d29fbe_b.jpg

So....the husband is giving me crap, stating that i am acting like a google damaged woman because "tint is tint".

This may be a loaded question,  but tint film matters, right?  He doesn't think that tint film matters. He thinks the installer is more important.  I think it's a combination of both...thoughts?

For the most part, the llumar film has the leading edge over the suntek, however the installer will make a huge difference as well.

So if they are both experienced and comparable installers. Choose the better color and film, 

If u know one installer has much higher standards then choose them and not the film.

1 hour ago, Alexi said:

So....the husband is giving me crap, stating that i am acting like a google damaged woman because "tint is tint".

This may be a loaded question,  but tint film matters, right?  He doesn't think that tint film matters. He thinks the installer is more important.  I think it's a combination of both...thoughts?

I rank it 50/50...you need both to be happy with your tint job over time.  If the cleanest installation in the world is done with cheap film, then it will not last and could start failing within 6 months...this can go for "Ceramic" films too.  If you are getting the highest quality film in the world, but the installation is done poorly then you will not be happy.  I have recommended shops for several consumers on here...I always look for quality and reputation first.  Once that has narrowed down the search to shops that seem to be on the same quality level, I then sort them by the film they carry.  So if your husband thinks "tint is tint" then I am sure he has never had a higher technology film installed.  Prior to being in the industry, I had several cars tinted from one shop with their base film which was Llumar ATC.  Installation and film were good, I was very happy since my only concern then was appearance...I didn't know tint offered anything else.  Now that my shop has been doing tint for 8 years, I can say there is a whole other world than just appearance.  I would never go back to a base film even if I had to pay someone else.  If you would like assistance in looking for a shop, message me your city/state and I can check out some shops for you.

Edited by DynamicAppearance

7 minutes ago, jh812 said:

I'm sorry but I agree with your husband mostly. You need to search out a good installer over name brand film. 

So...i wrote a long post about my 2 options but my crappy phone totally deleted it...gah!

Anyways, option #1:

Tint from an installer that's awesome.  The husband actually worked with him a few lifetimes ago in 2002.  Takes care of the car, clean work.  Offers Suntek only

Option #2:

Found on yelp. Has Llumar.  Over 300 great reviews about fast efficient work, great prices. Also has an installer that my husband worked with in the early 2000's....BUT

Concerns: 2 reviews state messy dirty car afterwards, wet surfaces around windows possibly damaging locking/window mechanisms. Heat gun damaging/melting window jams. Has a team of 4-5 working on your car so that you are in and out of there in 1 hour...

I'm worried about: quality control,  possible damage....but Google damaged here REALLY wants Llumar....lol

18 minutes ago, jh812 said:

I'm sorry but I agree with your husband mostly. You need to search out a good installer over name brand film. 

I definitely disagree :(  I see to much purple and color changed window tint on the road. U need the best of both worlds.  

This morning I quoted for two clients, one to remove and reinstall film due to poor install and the other I quoted to remove and reinstall purple faded tint.

I'm not saying cxp is bad. I'm talking about making sure u get a decent film over gila or some no name made in India film

https://www.google.ca/search?q=window+tint+failure&client=ms-android-oppo&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXz9bosd3VAhVI2oMKHQ9ABOIQ_AUIECgB&biw=360&bih=559&dpr=3

Eeew.  Those pictures are awful.  I would be absolutely pissed if my car tint did that. I literally drove the car off the lot on Saturday....oh yeah, he wasn't happy about the new car payment either. Lol 

7 hours ago, Alexi said:

So...i wrote a long post about my 2 options but my crappy phone totally deleted it...gah!

Anyways, option #1:

Tint from an installer that's awesome.  The husband actually worked with him a few lifetimes ago in 2002.  Takes care of the car, clean work.  Offers Suntek only

Option #2:

Found on yelp. Has Llumar.  Over 300 great reviews about fast efficient work, great prices. Also has an installer that my husband worked with in the early 2000's....BUT

Concerns: 2 reviews state messy dirty car afterwards, wet surfaces around windows possibly damaging locking/window mechanisms. Heat gun damaging/melting window jams. Has a team of 4-5 working on your car so that you are in and out of there in 1 hour...

I'm worried about: quality control,  possible damage....but Google damaged here REALLY wants Llumar....lol

Well once we have all the facts I'm leaning towards suntek guy. The other place i wouldn't want to take my vehicle to. I've gained a lot of customers from my competition simply because I take my time. I tell them we'll need the car for around 2 to 3 hours as to not rush the job. Now the llumar scenario isn't horrible by any means. I just prefer the other over that. :twocents

Edited by jh812