Make your own Solar eclispe glasses with window tint. .. I think. . .lol

So im a nerd and am kinda of excited to witness my first eclipse ever. . .I keep hearing every one say you need eclispse glasses, So looked online and amazon is selling them between 59 and 99 for 5 of them thats crazy!  So being the nerd that i am i had to look whats so special about them. . .  and i can finding NOTHING that is special about except for that fact that they block 0.0003 percent and block uv light. . . .which is exactly what 3 pieces of 5 percent window tint does. . . ..0.05 x 0.05 =0.0025  x 0.05 equals =  0.000125 which is even darker than recomended. . . . I think i need to go to the beach and start selling them 15 a pop. . . .

SOURCES:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00712I3JA/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

https://www.livescience.com/59844-how-solar-eclipse-viewers-are-different-from-sunglasses.html
"You are looking at the sun with only about 0.0003 percent of the light being transmitted through the filter," Chou told Live Science.

https://eclipse.aas.org/eye-safety/iso-certification

How can you tell if your solar viewer is not safe? You shouldn't be able to see anything through a safe solar filter except the Sun itself or something comparably bright, such as the Sun reflected in a mirror, a sunglint off shiny metal, the hot filament of an unfrosted incandescent light bulb, a bright halogen light bulb, a bright-white LED bulb (including the flashlight on your smartphone), a bare compact fluorescent (CFL) bulb, or an arc-welding torch. All such sources (except perhaps the welding torch) should appear quite dim through a solar viewer. If you can see shaded lamps or other common household light fixtures (not bare bulbs) of more ordinary brightness through your eclipse glasses or handheld viewer, and you're not sure the product came from a reputable vendor, it’s no good. Safe solar filters produce a view of the Sun that is comfortably bright (like the full Moon), in focus, and surrounded by dark sky. If you glance at the Sun through your solar filter and find it uncomfortably bright, out of focus, and/or surrounded by a bright haze, it’s no good. You should contact the seller and demand a refund or credit for return of the product, then obtain a replacement from one of the sources listed on our reputable-vendors page.

Archived