SPD-Smart Light-Control Emulsion, Film Unveiled

Guest pmuzik

I did a little research on this product when it was brought up in previous threads and I believe it may have an impact on us at some point in the FUTURE.It looks like IMHO it may affect you automotive folks first and may carve out a small nitch of the flat glass arena too. But I think the cost right now for both markets is way too high to be overly concerned about but bares watching to see if they can bring the production cost down to a sensible level for the average consuner.

I have no idea what it would cost to put this technology in cars but I did find this site http://www.infinitint.com/ that listed some actual prices for some window and skylight units. The SF cost for the 24'x36' casement is $287.00 per

I imagine the conversation would go something like this

"Well No Ma'am my window film is not variable but I can save you about $280.00 a square foot" :thumb

:thumb at these prices I won't loose much sleep over it :lol and this does not include the $60.00 per hour or so electrican to power it up either !!!

INFINITINT Casement Window: 18" x 24"

$1,081.70

INFINITINT Casement Window: 24" x 24"

$1,300.20

INFINITINT Casement Window: 24" x 36"

$1,723.40

INFINITINT Casement Window: 36" x 36"

$2,309.90

INFINITINT Casement Window: 36" x 48"

$2,855.00

INFINITINT Fixed Window: 18" x 24"

$953.00

INFINITINT Fixed Window: 24" x 24"

$1,143.00

INFINITINT Fixed Window: 24" x 36"

$1,511.00

INFINITINT Fixed Window: 36" x 36"

$2,021.00

INFINITINT Fixed Window: 36" x 48"

$2,495.00

Guest Sprinter

would they be able to darken the glass at night ?

if not then we would still have a job cause nobody wants to give up there privacy at night in a car! :thumb

Guest pmuzik
:thumb I wonder how they will limit the percentage and control it as far as the various state tint laws are concerned ? if they put it on the front door and or windshields and you run it up to max it could be a problem day or night :thumb

Guest metint
I did a little research on this product when it was brought up in previous threads and I believe it may have an impact on us at some point in the FUTURE.It looks like IMHO it may affect you automotive folks first and may carve out a small nitch of the flat glass arena too. But I think the cost right now for both markets is way too high to be overly concerned about but bares watching to see if they can bring the production cost down to a sensible level for the average consuner.

I have no idea what it would cost to put this technology in cars but I did find this site http://www.infinitint.com/  that listed some actual prices for some window and skylight units. The SF cost for the 24'x36' casement is $287.00 per

"Well No Ma'am my window film is not variable but I can save you about $280.00 a square foot" :thumb

:thumb at these prices I won't loose much sleep over it :lol and this does not include the $60.00 per hour or so electrican to power it up either !!!

The technology is open to anyone at this time... some comapnies have stayed out until the development matures enough to make jumping in worthwhile to their bottom line. :lol

And... as I understand it, the electricity is needed to keep the view clear... :lol

What's a person to do when the electricity is out... cave dwelling most futuristic... :thumb

I have no idea what it would cost to put this technology in cars but I did find this site http://www.infinitint.com/  that listed some actual prices for some window and skylight units. The SF cost for the 24'x36' casement is $287.00 per

"Well No Ma'am my window film is not variable but I can save you about $280.00 a square foot" :lol

:thumb at these prices I won't loose much sleep over it :thumb and this does not include the $60.00 per hour or so electrican to power it up either !!!

INFINITINT Casement Window: 18" x 24"

$1,081.70   

INFINITINT Casement Window: 24" x 24"

$1,300.20   

INFINITINT Casement Window: 24" x 36"

$1,723.40   

INFINITINT Casement Window: 36" x 36"

$2,309.90   

INFINITINT Casement Window: 36" x 48"

$2,855.00   

INFINITINT Fixed Window: 18" x 24"

$953.00   

INFINITINT Fixed Window: 24" x 24"

$1,143.00   

INFINITINT Fixed Window: 24" x 36"

$1,511.00   

INFINITINT Fixed Window: 36" x 36"

$2,021.00   

INFINITINT Fixed Window: 36" x 48"

$2,495.00

fkn lowballers :thumb

From the prices listed above, remember blinds won't be purchased, or any of the usual purchases that go with window addenda to bring them to residential levels of decoration. And trust me, that can be hundreds of dollars per window. I think the penetration is into flat glass first and cars later.

Archived