Tip for hand cutting doors with mirror in the way!

Guest bbvaldezjuly4th

thanks for the vids, its always helps to see suggestions and tips from others, I have a couple of recommendations for vids of common issues

1] installin film in cars that have very deep gaskestsn the left and right side of the window, example would be an  audi a8 or newer bmw 745s, the rubber seal comes in almost an inch in both sides and it very hard to get it all in there with out iy either creasing the film or cutting the film shorter to compensate

2]installing rear tint on cars that have extra thick defroster lines while avoiding peanuts as it dries. .   example chrysler 300 lexus es 300

3] installing film on front windows that have a very small length on the mirror side of the glass , the issue is when your you have the window rolled down an inch for part one of install the mirror side of the glass can be only a 2 or 3 inches making it very hard to seal it into place and roll it up so you can get do part 2 of the install aka the bottom install. . . for example newer some newer cadiliac ,  lexus is 250 and several others

These are all cars i have dealt and and i got them all done and done well, BUT not with out a bunch of frustration and irritation, any tip videos would be much appreciated by me and many others.

Guest bbvaldezjuly4th
On January 15, 2018 at 7:47 PM, Go2Guy said:

thanks for the vids, its always helps to see suggestions and tips from others, I have a couple of recommendations for vids of common issues

1] installin film in cars that have very deep gaskestsn the left and right side of the window, example would be an  audi a8 or newer bmw 745s, the rubber seal comes in almost an inch in both sides and it very hard to get it all in there with out iy either creasing the film or cutting the film shorter to compensate

2]installing rear tint on cars that have extra thick defroster lines while avoiding peanuts as it dries. .   example chrysler 300 lexus es 300

3] installing film on front windows that have a very small length on the mirror side of the glass , the issue is when your you have the window rolled down an inch for part one of install the mirror side of the glass can be only a 2 or 3 inches making it very hard to seal it into place and roll it up so you can get do part 2 of the install aka the bottom install. . . for example newer some newer cadiliac ,  lexus is 250 and several others

These are all cars i have dealt and and i got them all done and done well, BUT not with out a bunch of frustration and irritation, any tip videos would be much appreciated by me and many others.

Hey! 

I can possibly do videos on some of the things you've asked about. :-) 

I did one on the back windows with bad defrosters. 

Check out TNT Window Tinting on YouTube 

WOW,  never in a million years would I have thought to do that, thanks for the vid!. That's the beauty of tips and techniques is that normal normally they're so far out there that you would never think of doing them could you imagine what the optima tinter thought drysheers and soap when that first came out as a technique,  I presumed sum of scoffed at it!

again thanks for that vid. .

However it brings up two questions

1 do you do this on all cars or do you just have a list of cars you already know that you need to do it on

2 It seems like it would run risk the chance of destroying the lines, have you had any issues with this?