PPF Expectations

17 hours ago, PaintPro said:

The defects in the last pic at the front of the hood is a manufacturing defect known as cat tails. They are un-melted urethane pellets.  The installer needs to redo that or any other panels affected with those defects and send the defective pieces back to the manufacturer for a credit.

I see this with Suntek from time to time and they are great about replacing the film.

That's interesting. I have never heard that term used before. From looking at the pic I thought it was from where the film had stuck to itself during the removal process. If the film is dry when it happens then you separate it the adhesive will get distortions in it that look very close to that. I use Suntek almost exclusively and have never seen the "cat tails" but will definitely keep that in mind if I run across it. 

52 minutes ago, pro-tect mobile said:

That's interesting. I have never heard that term used before. From looking at the pic I thought it was from where the film had stuck to itself during the removal process. If the film is dry when it happens then you separate it the adhesive will get distortions in it that look very close to that. I use Suntek almost exclusively and have never seen the "cat tails" but will definitely keep that in mind if I run across it. 

First time it happened to me I thought the same thing. The defects are raised like welts and are usually in a symmetrical pattern, definitely not an install defect.