PPF Expectations

I wanted to get some other opinions on the PPF job I had done and find out if I'm being unreasonable.  It's a full wrap of a brand new Raptor that was done 3 months ago using Suntek Ultra.  I took it in for a tune up a couple of weeks ago to have some issues fixed.  The guy fixed some major bubbling and lifting problems, but there are still what I consider to be an excessive amount of defects in the film.  When I picked it up he kept telling me "it's not going to be perfect", but there's imperfect and then there's just unacceptable.  

The main problem is the dirt particles under the film that are causing bubbles.  I have tried pressing on some of them but I think the particles are just too big to ever let the film lay down over them.  Even if they did, the dirt is still there. I posted some photos below.  Except for the lines on the hood, all of the white spots you see are bubbles caused by dirt under the film.  This is just a small sampling- every single panel except the mirrors has multiple bubbles.  

I understand that there will always be flaws if you really look, and there are plenty of other flaws I can see (like stretch marks, waviness, cut lines that could be straighter, etc) that I'm not going to make a big deal about, but bubbles are way too obvious.  My position is that there should be zero bubbles in the film.  Do you think I'm being unreasonable about this?

27407284578_96f2319e7b_b.jpg

41279958011_b5db6ab0ae_b.jpg

41279958061_ef0724655b_b.jpg

39470237960_c492961fc0_b.jpg

40383415545_497e5f3c9f_b.jpg

Edited by BlueRider

We wouldn’t pay that kind of money to have our ride painted and it came out with fisheyes everywhere and not be happy, would we?

shop needs to address and take care of that. Unacceptable. We love new vehicles that have not hit the road hard (that is the right time for PPF). 

The only down side I can say, some can be dirt, but I see a lot of new vehicles with dirt in the paints also.  I've found some on my 2017 F250 while waxing it.  I hope it's just dirt, but it it's not, there's nothing I can think of the installer can do.  

On 4/6/2018 at 1:24 PM, BlueRider said:

I wanted to get some other opinions on the PPF job I had done and find out if I'm being unreasonable.  It's a full wrap of a brand new Raptor that was done 3 months ago using Suntek Ultra.  I took it in for a tune up a couple of weeks ago to have some issues fixed.  The guy fixed some major bubbling and lifting problems, but there are still what I consider to be an excessive amount of defects in the film.  When I picked it up he kept telling me "it's not going to be perfect", but there's imperfect and then there's just unacceptable.  

The main problem is the dirt particles under the film that are causing bubbles.  I have tried pressing on some of them but I think the particles are just too big to ever let the film lay down over them.  Even if they did, the dirt is still there. I posted some photos below.  Except for the lines on the hood, all of the white spots you see are bubbles caused by dirt under the film.  This is just a small sampling- every single panel except the mirrors has multiple bubbles.  

I understand that there will always be flaws if you really look, and there are plenty of other flaws I can see (like stretch marks, waviness, cut lines that could be straighter, etc) that I'm not going to make a big deal about, but bubbles are way too obvious.  My position is that there should be zero bubbles in the film.  Do you think I'm being unreasonable about this?

27407284578_96f2319e7b_b.jpg

41279958011_b5db6ab0ae_b.jpg

41279958061_ef0724655b_b.jpg

39470237960_c492961fc0_b.jpg

40383415545_497e5f3c9f_b.jpg

How much you paid and what did you get done??????  Then we can all reply with a comment....no one here can comment without knowing these 2 things.

Thanks for everyone's comments.  It is a full wrap and I paid $3500.  I realize that is towards the lower end on pricing for a wrap, but not exactly bargain basement or anything.  He did use Suntek which I know is less expensive material than Xpel.  

I'm sorry BlueRider, but $3500 for a full car is about as cheap as you'll find for cost. The amount of time and material that is involved with a full car install, let alone some possible customization results in an expected min charge of $5k+. And that is on the low side bud. Skillset and experience warrant higher prices because of these instances right here. Now if the installer set that expectation with the price they charged, then you got what you paid for which in my opinion is a below avg install quality. And yes, that is pretty close to bargain basement pricing in the US market. Have I seen lower, yes, but that is on the rarity. Did you price shop to see if that was a below avg price?