What is a good Ceramic tint?

Hello tint gurus. I am interested in tinting my new truck and wanted to get a ceramic line of tint. I have been told that 3M Crystalline is the best but it’s hard to believe because I have seen the up sale in 3M products in my industry which is finish Flooring. 

I was told that Huber Optics is the original patent holder for Ceramic window tint and that everyone else’s does not compare to them or 3M Crystalline. 

FYI: I love be in Texas and it’s hot down here!!!  

Also what is a reasonable price for Ceramic Tint on a 2019 Ram Crew Cab?

Thanks

15 hours ago, Gabe B said:

Hello tint gurus. I am interested in tinting my new truck and wanted to get a ceramic line of tint. I have been told that 3M Crystalline is the best but it’s hard to believe because I have seen the up sale in 3M products in my industry which is finish Flooring. 

I was told that Huber Optics is the original patent holder for Ceramic window tint and that everyone else’s does not compare to them or 3M Crystalline. 

FYI: I love be in Texas and it’s hot down here!!!  

Also what is a reasonable price for Ceramic Tint on a 2019 Ram Crew Cab?

Thanks

Just to clarify a few things...

3M Crystalline is not a Ceramic window film, it is traditionally higher ranked than Ceramic films when it comes to the performance.  Huper Ceramic is the only patented Ceramic film with no added dyes to color it.  They do not hold a patent on "Ceramic Technology", just their specific Ceramic window film.  Ceramic films are not made equally, so they all have different build qualities and there are plenty of cheap quality Ceramic films on the market.

If you are looking to match your rear windows, Huper Ceramic and 3M Crystalline won't do it.  Huper Ceramic has a silver reflective look while 3M Crystalline has a brownish look...either one will be noticeably off from the back.  Some good options that will match to the rear are Llumar CTX, Formula One Pinnacle, Formula One Stratos, Global QDP Ceramic, and SolarFX FXtreme2.

The number 1 thing you should look for is quality installation.  A high-end film will not be a good option if it is not properly installed.  So stop by shops to check out their work, see how you feel talking to them, check the display, etc.

Edited by DynamicATL

12 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

Just to clarify a few things...

3M Crystalline is not a Ceramic window film, it is traditionally higher ranked than Ceramic films when it comes to the performance.  Huper Ceramic is the only patented Ceramic film with no added dyes to color it.  They do not hold a patent on "Ceramic Technology", just their specific Ceramic window film.  Ceramic films are not made equally, so they all have different build qualities and there are plenty of cheap quality Ceramic films on the market.

If you are looking to match your rear windows, Huper Ceramic and 3M Crystalline won't do it.  Huper Ceramic has a silver reflective look while 3M Crystalline has a brownish look...either one will be noticeably off from the back.  Some good options that will match to the rear are Llumar CTX, Formula One Pinnacle, Formula One Stratos, Global QDP Ceramic, and SolarFX FXtreme2.

The number 1 thing you should look for is quality installation.  A high-end film will not be a good option if it is not properly installed.  So stop by shops to check out their work, see how you feel talking to them, check the display, etc.

Question?  So if I were to get 3M Crystalline I was told that the 20% would cost a little more. I’ve never heard of different shades costing more money the lower you go. What do you guys think?

4 minutes ago, Gabe B said:

Question?  So if I were to get 3M Crystalline I was told that the 20% would cost a little more. I’ve never heard of different shades costing more money the lower you go. What do you guys think?

We do not but some shops do charge for darker shades.  Some do it because it is illegal, so they want more money for it.  In this case, 3M Crystalline 20% does cost more per roll than 40% and higher...so that might be the reason they are charging more.

18 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

We do not but some shops do charge for darker shades.  Some do it because it is illegal, so they want more money for it.  In this case, 3M Crystalline 20% does cost more per roll than 40% and higher...so that might be the reason they are charging more.

Is there a way to tell if you are getting what they say your getting without completely offending the shop? I just want to make sure that 3M Crystalline 20% is what I am actually getting. Crew cab truck the charge is $550 which is a considerable amount of money. 

That price is usual in many states, some are closer to $1000.  I would ask if they could cut a small sample to hold up to your windows to see how it looks.  Crystalline 20 is very brown, so no mistaking it.  Just verify on 3M Dealer locator that they are an authorized dealer and should be good to go.

6 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

That price is usual in many states, some are closer to $1000.  I would ask if they could cut a small sample to hold up to your windows to see how it looks.  Crystalline 20 is very brown, so no mistaking it.  Just verify on 3M Dealer locator that they are an authorized dealer and should be good to go.

Also that comes with the logo on it correct? So he could ask to leave a few of those on.