Are lines normal on tint?

Guest Rosie

Hello! I just got my front two windows and my windshield tinted. I’ve had many cars tinted in the past and I noticed something on this tint job that I’ve never had before. There are very straight vertical lines on both windows. They look like long strands of spider webs on the outside but when I ran my fingernail over them slightly on the inside, I could feel that the tint was cut there?! He used one of those plotter/cutter machines and I’m wondering if that is normal when using those machines? I’ve previously had my cars tinted and cut by hand. Should I just ignore it? Is this the new norm? It was cloudy when I picked up my car so none of that showed up but today it’s sunny and there are two lines on the passenger side and one on the driver side. I’ll post a pic in a little while. There are also some bubbles but it’s only been 2 days and today was the first sunny day so I’m leaving those until next week to determine if they’ll go away or not. But the cuts bother me now that I know they’re there. 

While it is possible that the plotter left those marks,,, it's sound more like tool marks from pushing water out during install.  If you can feel them with your fingernail, then the film is scratched (from a squeegee or hard card or even the wrong paper towels).  The shop should understand what happened and fix it and also they now are aware of possible tools that need attention.  

1 hour ago, Bham said:

While it is possible that the plotter left those marks,,, it's sound more like tool marks from pushing water out during install.  If you can feel them with your fingernail, then the film is scratched (from a squeegee or hard card or even the wrong paper towels).  The shop should understand what happened and fix it and also they now are aware of possible tools that need attention.  

Thank you! That does make me feel better as I’ve never seen this before and I hate to take it back and be petty about it if it’s the new norm.