2000 Lincoln LS Radio

Guest bengreen

Guest bengreen

I've got a 2000 Lincoln LS and I want to hardwire my iPod into the stereo. I can't even figure out how to remove the head unit to begin looking at the back of the radio to figure out what I need to do and buy to do this. Does anyone know how to remove the head unit and/or hardwire an iPod to it?

Guest Renisis

I jus usually tug on something till it gives, or pry with a screw driver, but that's just me, lol :welcome but with a lincoln, probably a no-no :poke worked for the girlfirned civic. :spank

Guest zolar

Most ford/lincoln radios use ford keys that fit into the 2 holes on each side of the radio. They are $40 through ford, $5 at wally world. If the I pod has a line output, you can get a rf modulator to feed the audio in through a radio station like xm uses.

Guest mustangbmw93

first you pull the two vents above the radio, you probably will have to use something like a credit card I did and go around the edge of the plastic, then you have to pull out the cigarette lighter piece at the bottom the same as the vents, and the unscrew the radio and take it out

hope this works

Guest fredstinting

well remove the trim around the radio and ac controles you will also have to take the top of the consol off to get to screws that are at the bottom fo the trim bezel. then remove the ac controls and you should be able to remove the radio seeing the screws that hold radio in place shold take about 15 -20 minutes if that to remove

well if you want your ipod to work you need

factoryharnessforipods.jpgipodadapter.jpg

ipod adapter and then I wire harness for your model car to adapt it to radio

all this does is allow your sound to able to heard from the ipod still have to use ipod to change songs and stuff

but if you bought a jvc radio with ipod controler on it you would function your ipod from the radio cause your songs are list on the radio display and you use the radio remote to changs your ipod songs

Guest tintguy31707

I just sold my 2000 lincoln ls this is just a warning...all those panels are very cheaply made, I didnt do my stereo myself, but I watched as he pried loose all that stuff.

Archived