How does one acquire 3M Crystalline film?

Hi, everybody, I'm a little new to this tint business; still in the inaugural stages.

I've recently looked into having 3M Crystalline as an available option for customers. I've heard many, many good things about it and I've seen it in person. It's a schmick film. Long story short, I've been looking around trying to find a site that sells it with no luck. How does one acquire this film? Do you have to go through a certification or training before they sell it to you? Please show me the ropes, tint-senseis. :thanks

Thank you in advance

Edited by PVO
grammar typo

4 hours ago, Tintguy1980 said:

My knowledge has 3M as one of the most difficult to acquire. Last I knew, they protect their dealer's sales area, they have buying quotas, no resale of bulk film (and likely partials), and you may need more experience than what is evidenced in your post.

Good luck.

Very interesting..

Does anyone, who uses 3M Crystalline, know the proper steps to unlock this 3M supreme powah?

Yes, start there. A long time ago my area was protected. Now about everyone is on to other products and I don't know if it's even enforced.

They may require a minimum first purchase and want to know that you have good install practices. If you take their install cla$$ you may get priority.

Some of the major brand distributors might ask for an exclusive from smaller shops. Bigger shops or shops that really know their craft may not be asked for the same. It all depends on how bad they want you to have their products.

Having a big brand named product might be a selling point for some but often comes with big brand pricing. The flip side is that you can get marketing support from them to help in promotion. This applies to just about all of the majors in the industry.

1 hour ago, Dano said:

Yes, start there. A long time ago my area was protected. Now about everyone is on to other products and I don't know if it's even enforced.

They may require a minimum first purchase and want to know that you have good install practices. If you take their install cla$$ you may get priority.

Some of the major brand distributors might ask for an exclusive from smaller shops. Bigger shops or shops that really know their craft may not be asked for the same. It all depends on how bad they want you to have their products.

Having a big brand named product might be a selling point for some but often comes with big brand pricing. The flip side is that you can get marketing support from them to help in promotion. This applies to just about all of the majors in the industry.

Most interesting

Thanks very much for the info!
I suppose nano-ceramic will do for now . . . until I work my way up 😅

2 hours ago, mobiledynamics said:

From a consumer POV, I don't think you're missing out by not being a 3M installer. 3M can sometimes comes off brown, blue green, etc. I like Xpel. The Xpel is more just charcoal neutral IMO. But like anything in life, colorways is subjective.

Oh wow; good to know. Thank you!

8 hours ago, mobiledynamics said:

From a consumer POV, I don't think you're missing out by not being a 3M installer. 3M can sometimes comes off brown, blue green, etc. I like Xpel. The Xpel is more just charcoal neutral IMO. But like anything in life, colorways is subjective.

Good afternoon. I've looked around the Xpel site and there also isn't a button to purchase. 

Would it be the essentially the same process as @Dano described above for 3M? Give them a call?