Bubble bath as slip solution

Hey all,

I've been on the hunt for new slip solutions recently as I've found baby shampoo a little tacky in my climate.

I stumbled across some cheap bubble bath and noticed the ingredients were actually very similar to baby shampoo and dishwashing liquid.

Has anyone tried using bubble bath as a slip before? Did it work well? Is it tint safe?

Cheers.

3 hours ago, Darkimag22 said:

This^^^.  Air temp and humidity will play havoc on your slip solution if you don't pay attention.  

That's one of the reasons I'm not always a fan of running a keg. I like to change the mix on the fly. Big swings in weather combined with a few euro cars in the schedule doesn't always suit one mix.

With that said I do tend to run 7th Generation Free/Clear dishsoap in the winter and switch to JnJ for more slide in the summer.

10 hours ago, Dano said:

That's one of the reasons I'm not always a fan of running a keg. I like to change the mix on the fly. Big swings in weather combined with a few euro cars in the schedule doesn't always suit one mix.

With that said I do tend to run 7th Generation Free/Clear dishsoap in the winter and switch to JnJ for more slide in the summer.

Yeah I'm running a keg atm and I'm having this exact issue. 

I'm going to try adding more slip to my solution and just spray less on the window when I want it more tacky and see how that goes for now.

A keg runs more than a day or two depending upon vehicle flow-thru. Not good as the slip solution tends to loose its slip over that time. Day one with new mix may be great, using same mix on day 3+, not so good.

Bubble bath, I'm sure has been tried by others along with various other soaps, which turn out to be harmful to the film's adhesive life over the long haul. This is why products such as Tintslime, Film-on, and knock-offs were created. They may not have the slip-ability of the ones the industry prefer you avoid, but it's as simple as increasing the dilution ratio to meet the season.

Also, less push against when positioning goes a long way. Fingertips and palms can and will act as tiny squeegees, pushing the moisture out and pressing the adhesive into contact with the glass before its time.