Unprofessional to use adhesive promoters?

I've heard from people that it is unprofessional to use adhesive promoter / primer when closing the edges and corners?

What are the risks?  Is it possible to not use bonding promoters, but seal the edges and corners and not having to worry about lifting??

Thanks!

There are situations where it is good to have around, but in my thirteen years of film I've only used it a handful of times. 

The issue with it comes when you go to remove the film or have to make corrections next day. I've had to remove full wraps from folks who rely heavily on adhesive promoter, and the glue removal can take days of extra time - not to mention, can also take the paint with it. Whether it's extremely high or low quality paint, it can be etched and damaged by adhesive promoter. Plastics can be irreparably burned by it within seconds. 

It's better to prep your edges with isopropyl alcohol and take an adequate amount of time to dry before returning a vehicle to a customer. It will save you a lot of headache in the long run, and preserve customer vehicles.