Cutting Templates Data

Hi!

I am a freelance software developer. I want to build a small software for window tinting, for this I need templates. Please if anyone can tell where and how I can get the templates? I know that I can not create my own templates for cutting I will have to get it from somewhere to use it in my software.

Thank you in advance.

regards

2 hours ago, Dano said:

What are you expecting to pay for templates? How far back in model years are you expecting to go? High end, low production models? Are you a US based company?

Dano thank you for your reply. They payment and model years depend on the method of accessing the templates. If there is an online database and I were to access template online on each request then the payment would be according to each request. If there is bulk data available for download/copying they payment would be according to data size of number of years included in data. So I can go with both options and would like to pay initially for some recent years and high end production models. We are working outside US. 

I don't have any idea about how much these templates cost, so I can't say much about it unless i get any clue.

Thanks

If you're just wanting to be a reseller you're going to have a hard time licensing from other software companies but it may be possible. The existing companies usually pay designers with and agreement of exclusivity or hire them directly and retain the copyright of their work product.

Freelance designers are not going to be cheap and would want full payment per model requested with  retainer funding and agreement. I have designed many patterns for my own use and know the value. I also wouldn't design for any company outside of the US for lack of recourse in the event of a breach.

Best of luck.

7 hours ago, Dano said:

If you're just wanting to be a reseller you're going to have a hard time licensing from other software companies but it may be possible. The existing companies usually pay designers with and agreement of exclusivity or hire them directly and retain the copyright of their work product.

Freelance designers are not going to be cheap and would want full payment per model requested with  retainer funding and agreement. I have designed many patterns for my own use and know the value. I also wouldn't design for any company outside of the US for lack of recourse in the event of a breach.

Best of luck.

Designing the templates won't be a good option right now for us. The integration with existing software or any third party to provide us template data/access would be a better option. Could you please share any lead or details where to ask for the same? if you can't share here, please DM. 

I really appreciate your help, thank you