Hey guys, I’m about 4 months in on being a self taught tinter. I started out bottom loading meaning removing door panels and all that fun stuff. I try two staging but it just does not work good for me. What is yours all

process when it comes to damaging customers vehicle? I don’t not have business insurance yet. How do you all go about informing the customer of the damage?  

1 hour ago, Dano said:

I've never made a claim for simple damage. It would just drive up the premium and put a strike on your biz.  Apologize, order parts, install, apologize again. If you work on enough cars eventually something happens.

So you always try to fix the damage yourself if it’s doable? Do you still charge them for the tint job or discount it? And I know unfortunately it’s going to happen. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet honestly. 

Most of the time yes I'll still charge for the service. I still did the job. If they have to return I might discount it to comp them for lost time. Usually I'll offer to install a set of headlight PPF, or tint a set of doors on something else at no charge instead of discounting the original ticket. I still have to purchase and install the parts or pay for whatever damage after all.

Every situation is different. I had an employee smoke a door sweep with a heat gun one day, called the dealership for the part and installed it myself about a half-hour before pickup. No harm, no foul. 

At the end of the day the goal is to make both parties whole according to the original agreement. Sh*t happens, just be straight about it and fix it and show a little remorse is all anybody wants. You'll be known as the guy who takes care of things when it goes sideways. That's who I would do business with.