EZ Pass Readers - Ceramic Tint

Back in the days ......when my cars had comfort film in it, there was cutout up top and Botton in the middle of the windshield to accommodate for this.

So far, in my experience, I don't think my toll pass  transponder is working behind Xpel Plus Windshield.

For those more familiar, are the EZ Pass readers working behind Ceramic Tinted Windshields ?

Out here we have many readers that are based on camera reads.

But the ones that are reading the physical transponder, this is where it appears to not be working 

Edited by mobiledynamics

I have an issue with one of my cars with Peach Pass (express lane pass), which is not reading properly, but I don't think the film is causing this issue. All my other cars have Ceramic or Crystalline with no issues same for all past vehicles. This car has an IR emitter for night vision directly above where I placed it, so I think interference from that may be causing my issue. I will be relocating it to confirm. I would relocate it to see if that helps or could just be a defective transponder.

I have to test .......

I'm thinking my transponders *work fine*

Everything that requires a toll already has cameras that can read license plates and bill my mail if no EZ Pass :license plate on file.

I'm thinking it's just some dumb policy and money grab

The camera's already have the tech to read the plates. It should in principal just bill the EZ Pass since it already recognized the plate # and it having a EZ Pass account

But I am being charged a -mid tier rate- that is not full rate or the discounted rate with the transponder but somewhere in between because -supposedly- the system did not read my transponder while pass through

The transponder is the middle of the dash versus the *recommended* location of up top to the right of the center of the mirror.

Maybe the system is designed now that if it does not see the transponder on said location....it defaults to mid tier rate...

Even in previous cars, I've thrown it on the center dash with no problem, even on loaners, rentals, etc.

If it's really needing to pull info from the plate 🤨

Same bridges/tunnels that have plate readers - half of them want the transponders even though it can read plates...

So the logic of the -mid tier- rate is the thing.....off to test, but I'm hunching if I put it in by the rearview camera as instructed, it will -read proper- the next time I pass by. 

No spot to do it on the back of the mirror as there is sensors and #3

Any questions on the standard VHB - Velco Setup when the -windshield- is tinted. 

If I change my mind and remove the velcro, it will remove the -scratch coat- of the tint right ?