Tack Solution When Vinyl won't lay flat

Got access to PPF? Consider it.

Dry laminate an oversized piece of PPF to the back of the face-down sticker on a clean glass surface, then, cut the PPF slightly larger than the sticker. This will give you a sticky 1/16-1/8th border that will hold it flat. Remove from glass surface and install to tinted windscreen.

Yeah, it may or may not remove the SRC when changing given the small amount of adhesive involved. If it does, it'll only happen once. At least you will know the exact placement next year.

I have success today with new cling film: clear vinyl & new sticker today

But I did a oversize of 3/4 Border

I just pulled it out of the garage and in direct sun, I can see the border but it's probably just the OCD.....looking for the border.

I can swing by one one of my guys shop for some scrap PPF..but the vinyl is doing it, and staying flat when it's oversized

I might cut it off and trim the overside border again....but semi-concerned if I cut too much, I will end up in the same pickle of whatever tension is pulling the edges away from the glass *

It's a slight feed for a new sticker but the time going to the DMV and waiting in the line , ugh

Don't know what I was thinking when saying, 1/16-1/8th in the above comment; it wouldn't be wide enough because of sticker thickness creating a linear air pocket at its edge.

One shot is all you would have, if you were to dry laminate it between two layers of PPF or clear vinyl. Although, PPF might be more pliable enough to hide the linear air pocket created at the sticker edge from its material thickness. You know, the good ole fingernail press together trick.

Calling Pro's ......can this be achieved without having to add a border. PPF is pretty tenacious - I know heat can remove it with ease and I do have access to a steamer but I know the glue may be left  and some scraping + chems may be required....which I would like to avoid both due to messing up the WS tint and the rake of the dash/glass

Will *fresh* cling that is not 3-4 years old and not oversized do the trick ?

A quick google image search as a example of the style of registration sticker we use - adhesive edges and the center where the info is priced is 1 play additional to the stick paper as the base.

nypt-inspection_and_registration_certifi