Is my work good enough to sell yet?

So I’ve been tinting for about a year now. I’ve done about three or 400 feet of film. I’ve had no professional formal training. I’ve watched lots of YouTube channels and spend a lot of money on some highly rated tools. I’ve only used high-quality film in my self teachings. The film I use for learning has been Geo shield, pro classic and I used 100 feet of 35% from another competitor company. Some cars that I do or have done seem to have minimal bubbles after I’m done and I can usually get these bubbles out. I’m not doing windshields yet but I’ve seem to have gotten the back glass on hatchbacks down pretty well. At this point I’ve only done station wagons and SUVs. I’m nervous to market myself and take too long or fail or charge too much for the service that I’m giving. On my personal vehicles and the ones that I’ve done I feel like the quality of window tint installation is much better than I’ve seen driving around town.  I still noticed a little flaws around the defrost line where it looks like the tent is not sticking, but I believe that’s just a time issue. I’ve gotten so obsessive that I’ve tinted every window of my car at least two or three times until I’m happy with it. Do I give myself away for more learning experience?

Start charging for what you can do reliably and stand behind your final product. Also get whatever is the going market rate for your area. Discount nothing except multi car and fleet volume with a signed work order. MTRX has a good scheduling and billing app, expensive, but good.

Careful on the windshields, they can cost you a fortune if something inside the dash decides to stop working. Most customers are too arrogant to believe that water and electronics are a bad mix...because they "never had that happen before" and they always "know a guy".

Check out the thread "peanut killer" for defrost tacking.

Congrats on sharpening a new skill set.:thumb

9 hours ago, Dano said:

Start charging for what you can do reliably and stand behind your final product. Also get whatever is the going market rate for your area. Discount nothing except multi car and fleet volume with a signed work order. MTRX has a good scheduling and billing app, expensive, but good.

Careful on the windshields, they can cost you a fortune if something inside the dash decides to stop working. Most customers are too arrogant to believe that water and electronics are a bad mix...because they "never had that happen before" and they always "know a guy".

Check out the thread "peanut killer" for defrost tacking.

Congrats on sharpening a new skill set.:thumb

curious as to what a fair discount would be for volume work. 

Let's say you're charging $250 per vehicle. I might give a random customer a package price of $675 for doing three similar cars if all three are paid for and scheduled at the same time. 

I would offer a $25 discount to small time car dealers for single units if they pay when they pick it up. No discount if I have to wait 30 days.

For fleet and preloading inventory the numbers can vary depending on factors like, is it labor only, do they have a good space on site, overall volume, 30-45-60 day net, etc.