a strange faded film...

Guest tintgod

Guest metint
I have never seen this before..take a look at it..how did it fade this way.. :flip

Hard to see if there is a micro-edge... it appears to be two layers... one micro-edged and the second macro-edged... :lol6

'Heat' absorption in the weatherstrip and in contact with the film when the window is up... :thumb:thumb Dyes will disappear (move) if the film gets hot enough...

I've seen the color lighten (move) in competitive films when testing 'em for heat shrinkability using different levels of heat....

Guest tintgod
Looks backwards to me. Does the window really roll up that far into the gasket? No wind noise with that car, wow.

yep..it roll up that far...and just as much on the side...it is a saturn two door..dont remember what model...

Guest tintgod

they are a pain in that a$$..but it went like clock work today..had to do an R/R on it...I used ..I think it was eclipses tip....using the sucktion cup to pull out on the window to get the film back in the side seals...it worked like a charm..thanks eclipse.. :thumb

Guest tintgod
I have never seen this before..take a look at it..how did it fade this way.. :flip

Hard to see if there is a micro-edge... it appears to be two layers... one micro-edged and the second macro-edged... :thumb

'Heat' absorption in the weatherstrip and in contact with the film when the window is up... :thumb:nope Dyes will disappear (move) if the film gets hot enough...

I've seen the color lighten (move) in competitive films when testing 'em for heat shrinkability using different levels of heat....

I had just never seen it like that...usually it is the other way around...darker along the top..and lighter everywhere else... :beer:lol6

Guest SQUEEGEE

Actually this is very common especially on lighter color metallized films. Because the top edge rests along the gaskets which are black rubber you have increased solar absorbtion when the windows remained rolled up. Gets hotter, cooks faster and fades quicker.

Archived