Audi A8 Rear Window - HELP!

Guest BigAl

Guest BigAl

Hi, guys: I'm pretty new to window tinting, having just added it to my paint protection business.

My Audi dealer has sent us a new A8 and it seems just about impossible to get a reasonably good job done on the rear window of this beast. There are non-removable head rests for the rear seat, and the angle is nearly horizontal, with at least 3-4" of the rear window extending beyond the parcel shelf.

I've got the tint heat-shrinked, trimmed and ready to go, but I seriously doubt being able to get it properly installed, especially at the bottom of the window. Is this just newbie panic, or is there a reasonable way to get this done?

I'd sure appreciate any guidance/help you might be able to direct my way!

Thanks in advance!

Al

Guest tintacar

If you are standing at the back of the car and the film laying on the window (outside) ready to put on. Than roll it up from the left side untill you are in the middle, than put something on the window so the film won`t rol back, than start rolling the film from the ridght side to the middle, take a sharp siccor(knife) and cut the film. Only in the outher layer (transparant) from bottom to the top. Take the film inside wet the window verry good and start rolling down the film from the middle to the left and right. Make really small tubes wen you roll the because it`s easyer to handle when your inside with it.

:bling

Good luck

Guest tintacar

That`s the way to do it, send me a picture of the car if you could and good luck with the tinting busines.

Greetings from the Netherlands.

:bling