Deposit on tint job

I have seen and heard this many of times in tinting..the one tint shop that I would call a competitor,makes everyone give a 100 deposit on full tint jobs.I have 3 deep for detailing so a no show on tinting isnt a problem for me but Im getting to the point where I would rather tint and let the employees detail{Think Ill live longer} :thumb What do the owner/tinters do as a majority.Im getting so much tint work now that I really need to have a way to weed out the jack off"S so Im not rushing :bling or do as I do now 1 full a day with a just front 2 as a second appt :lol

Guest nautiboi73

option, post a sign that says all transactions are final and no refunds. and take a $50 deposit. In your case if they are a no show and wanpointt here money bcak, just to sign and tell them that they can transfer that deposit to a detail job instead.

You should check you local laws regarding this matter also. even if you take a depsoit you may only be intittled to a portion of depsoit and must refund the other portion.

just and idea

Guest nautiboi73

thats y I say post a sign, put it on recipt and make sure that they are aware of store policies. if they are serious they wont care about $50 to hold a spot 4 them

:uh Not me...ever. I guess it might work, but I really doubt it. Then you'll end up with people complaining, and telling lies about not showing up, and wanting the deposit back. All sounds like a nightmare to me.

I've never done it either OT in thousands upon thousands of jobs.

I guess I've probably been asked about it a total of 15 times. :uh

Devil

Guest Blade

After dealing with it several times what I do is.....If the jackass....er.....customer no-shows me 2 times, then I make them give me a non-refundable deposit on the tintjob before I will put them on the schedule. :uh

:uh Not me...ever. I guess it might work, but I really doubt it. Then you'll end up with people complaining, and telling lies about not showing up, and wanting the deposit back. All sounds like a nightmare to me.

:uh I totally agree, then you will have to put up with people wanting thier money back.

Guest autotintplus

sounds like a headache to be dealing w/ money before the work's done. People may call to cancel, etc. then you have to hunt them down to refund their cash or have your name smeared because you wouldn't give them back their deposit.

I'll just wait for the guy who's serious, besides, you may look untrustworthy of people when everytime they hear, "It'll require a 50/ 100% deposit."

Just 2 cents worth.l

Archived