Service Magic and other lead generator services

Guest cherasia

Guest cherasia

One of the lead generator companies is trying to get my business. I've read some reviews about them on the web, mostly from Realtors, which were quite negative. Have any of you had any luck with these services?

Thanks,

Shauna

Guest darkdan

I've signed up with service magic.

$200 later.....ZERO sales

I have the leads text messaged to my phone. Either they were looking for something different, were getting multiple bids, had already found someone (WTF?! I called 45 minutes after the text message), or basically completely confused about what I do.

Highly disappointed. I'm giving it till July and then I'm dropping it.

Guest darkdan

You sign up for it ($100)

Then they send you leads.....sometimes.

People have to fill out a whole bunch of stuff and then they email you the info on them.

It's for all kinds of stuff. Drywall, painting, building a pool, tinting, etc.

So far, in my experience, it's been a huge waste of my advertising dollars. Supposedly the leads are "very serious" because they have to fill out about 4 pages of stuff just to get recommendations for the "pre-screened" companies and contractors.

You have to have insurance to sign up with them.

Every lead costs you a certain amount of money. So if they refer 10 people to you and you make zero sales....there goes about $100. So far NONE of these people I even had a chance of selling to.

I did get one lead replacement because the guy was looking for storm shutters. So I got a refund on that one.

It might be worth it for someone building a house because you can get a lot of leads and only need 1 sale to make it all up. But unless I get a killer job or two here soon it's just a huge waste of my money, text messages, and time.

Guest AutoGlassDirectory.NET

I visited their website and sent a request form for more information about their service. The saleman kept calling me for days until I told him to stop because I was not interested.

I thought it was pay per click or flat fee service, but when they told me it was pay per lead (please)I felt something was not right. I don't trust pay per lead who knows how many people received the same offer and I think is waste of money.

Guest cherasia

Yeah, after doing some googling on the company and reading what y'all had to say, I've desided to bag them. They have a pretty rotten reputation.

Shauna

Guest Tom Cat

I tried the weekly howme buyers list once. Nothing ever really came in, actually a huge amount of them ended up coming back to the shop as wrong adress.. Huge waste of time and money...

Archived