is it worth it?

I have several friends in these areas. My friends are awesome good. Lots of experience. Make really good money. But it can be very time consuming. It would pay to find a long-standing employee or maybe yourself and dedicate them to this once trained and practiced up. It's not something you master in a month or two.

Just my opinion

Guest Express Dent

Hey all, To answer your question in a word, yes. To elaborate just a bit. PDR is probably one of the most difficult skills to learn and produce high quality results on a consistant basis. Find a skilled tech that has verifiable refrences and is willing to train you. These 2 week crash courses might give you enough of a start to chase minor hail in a few months but to produce retail quality work you should find someone thats willing to take you as an apprentice or be willing to practice your butt off after one of these quicky courses.

Id take offense to the locust comparison but Ive called most of the PDR techs Ive seen over the past few years much worse and now that Im venturing into PPF I guess Im a locust popping up to the PPF guys anyhow....I just cant get ahead.

Guest tintguy7

sup everyone,

it is very worth it to ad on, I did. you just need to find the right trainer and right tools, it takes time and practice and alot of patience, email me if you need any info on both training and tools, watch out for the hackers who just want your money.ALOHA!

Guest tintguy7

sup td;

went to 2 out of 3 you mentioned. they teach you the very basics and talk you into buying tools. honestly, moost of their tools are worthless, and for training you ain't going to be able to go make $$$$ right after training!email me for the right training and tools. don't be taken by the $$$$$$ hizzos! :whisper I can talk first hand on this because I've been taken from them :lol , let me know if you're very interested and I can point you in the right direction.aloha!

Guest Express Dent

IMO....any of the training facilitys you mentioned can give you the basics...and thats about it. PDR is a process that just cant be taught but has to be learned over a period of time. If your not very willing to travel then get the basics from one of these "schools" and be prepared to spend alot of hours at home practicing on some panels you get from a local bodyshop. If travel is an option then follow my previous advice and find a QUALIFIED technician with verifiable references!!!! that is willing to train you.

Learning PDR sounds a lot like learning window tinting.

It is. Much the same it is a learned art that you will either get it or you won't. That's why I have respect for them as well. And you can learn basics and tip at school. And I'm sure they are worth the money. But until you get it to come out of your hand like it is in your mind, it just isn't happening. :rollin

Archived