is it worth it?

Guest kccartint

It is a tough skill to learn and not everyone is cut out for it like tinting. I went to a school and learned enough to go out an booger up a dent and left with a certificate. I hooked up with a experienced tech afterwords and it made a word of difference. Alot of schools will tell you that you will be able to go fix dents after thier trainning and that is not usually the case. Practice is the only way to get there and it take alot of it. Dent Express hit it on the head with hooking up with a apprentice. As far as tools go just ask qualified tech for thier oppinion. The trainning companys tools that I have seen and worked with are not that great and usually expensive. If you decide to get into this be patient becuase retail dent work is like tinting and the work needs to be good. No one likes a hack and there are plenty in the business so practice you butt off and you will do well. Just get yourself some decent tools and a practice hood & door and have at it. Good Luck on your new venture.

Guest disgruntled wiz

If you want to be tought PDR, go to Dentworks in Springfield MO. They dont kick you to the curb after a few weeks, they will actually keep you there until they are confident that you learned it. If you want to learn yourself, go buy a hood from the junk yard (possibly hail damaged if you can find one), a basic set of good tools, and start practicing. It takes time.

Archived