S40

Mdog

this is a easy one guys :rollin this whole car kinda reminded me of a jetta just slightly larger. no problems with this one.

tha backglass is pretty flat and has a brakelight at the top just like the BMW with the matrix around it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fiber optic

I ran into a little bit of trouble with the roll-ups but I'm very satisfied with the work I'm capable of doing. Maybe I'll post some pictures later.

Guest XxRoCkEtQtxX

I just tinted my windows on my 2005 S40, but I ran into some problems with my rear windshield. At night, lights from the headlights of cars behind me, reflect off the defogger lines, creating a very blinding prism effect of light. I had this same problem with a previous car of mine, when I used solar guard tint with metal. Eventually I had to have the tint remove from that car, for safety reasons. Thus I thought I was cautious with my Volvo this time. I asked the tint dealer what tint would be recommended, so I will not run into the same problem. First he install Johnson shiloutte metal tint in limo dark, and with my luck I ran into the same problem. I took the car back to the tint dealer and he called a Johnson representative and they recommend we strip all the tint from my windows and apply Johnson Shiloutte (35% Medium) with metal on my side windows and Johnson Ray Guard (35% Medium) with no metal on my rear windshield. Well, I had that done and once again I ran into the same problem. I talk to many tint dealers from other tint brands and it seems like they just want to make a buck and really have no solution to my problem or can guarantee I will not have the same problem. Well, I notice you had your Volvo s40 tinted and I was wondering if you ran into the same problem, and if not what kind and brand of tint did you use? Also if you have any suggestions regarding my problem. When you get a chance it would be greatly appreciated if you reply back or contact me at Jupiter43@aol.com.

I tint alot of S40s. Nobody has ever complained. If you stare at it, you'll probably see some light refraction, because the defroster lines are higher than the glass. Nothing can be done except maybe moving your seating position up or down, or at the very least, flip your rear view mirror into the "night" position. That's what it's there for, surprised how many people don't even know that's what you do when driving at night. All you need to do is glance back anyway, no point in staring at a back glass at night.

Guest fiber optic

I used Solar Gard's HP True Grey 38. I haven't noticed any diffraction off of the defroster lines but it's my wife's car and I don't drive it much at night.

Archived