Thanks TintDude

Guest Express Dent

Guest Express Dent

I found this site while researching PPF and have learned quite a bit the past few months.

Nice to see a forum for PDR now. If you continue with the same standards as the other boards Im sure the PDR guys will find your site as helpful as I did for PPF.

thanks TD

Guest tintguy7

sup everyone,

great to see a pdr sectiopn here.been doin tinting for 10yrs, and pdr for 3yrs, just bought another set of pdr tools, the greatest tools ever made to date, email me for info at tintguy7@aol.com, I also know of a great trainer if need one, one of top ten in the WORLD! ALOHA!

Guest Express Dent

Hey NYtinter, most tool companies want to sell you what they call a "company set" you can easily spend 1500$ and more depending upon who your buying from. The majority of tools in these sets are over K1ll and numerous doubles and triples of the same tool but one may be 18" 24" 36" and so on....not needed. I probably have somewhere in the range of 150-200 different tools that are for the most part different and I probably use about 10% of those on a regular basis. Not that the rest arent useful but you can do a high percentage of a vehicles damage with a handful of tools.

The most cost effective way to go is to buy some individual pieces and build a set from there. I sound like a broken record but find a quality tech thats willing to talk with you, you will probably have to go outside your area to find someone willing to help and ask about their most used tools. You can probably put together a 20 piece set or so that would give you a nice starter set and build from that.

There are alot of tool companies out there and alot of opinions.

Dent Craft offers lifetime guaranteed tools but at a higher price of course, Ive used alot of their tools and Ive really liked them all.

A1 Tool is a bit more cost effective and the quality is pretty good.

These are the 2 I buy from most often but certainly not the only 2. I loose about as many as I break so I try to buy accordingly.

Stop by your local Body Shops and dealerships, you can get a great deal on the tools that they purchased while trying to teach one of their employees to fix dents. In 7 years I cant count the number of dealerships that have tried to save a buck and train their own people and it never works out...they dont have the patients to allow a guy to practice on their vehicles for 6 months trying to fix a ding and still having to bodyshop it.

I bought a set for 800.00 a few years ago and never had time to get good and fast...especially where to drill the holes sometimes...so I sold them to a body shop down the road..been best buddys since :thumb We dont have a retail store in town but I bet it would do great if they hooked up with insurance companys...everyone I know are mobile and you have to just beg them to do retail"xcept my buddy he likes the cash" :rollin

Archived