setting tools on cars

Guest drscotty14

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is just easier not to put anything on the car to avoid any problems of customers saying you scratched anything. I also try to look over the car before if there is anything major I let the customer know if the glass is scratched or something like that

I can honestly not think of anytime I have put anything on a customers car. I use a plastic tuperware bowl for all of my tools, when I am tinting the back pass window it is sitting in the back pass side seat. When I am tinting the front pass window it is sitting in the front pass seat...and so on. My tools go from my hand to my bowl! Period! My spray bottle stays beside me on the floor as well as my heat gun. I work my way around a car so the last side glass I do is the driver side back glass. Then all my tools are where I need them for the back glass. (Well depends on the car, sometimes I start with the back glass, same progression though!) When I am done for the day, I just put the lid on and put it in my tool box :jerkit

TTC :dunno

I use a stainless 9 or 13 quart pail filled with water that I keep my tools in. I also tint with surgical gloves on. Both keep dust off the glass and tools. keeps everything rinsed. and that pail stays in the floor next to me as I tint each window :jerkit

Archived