• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wesal looks nifty :thumb I would pull this thread so some snake with $$$ doesn't patent it on you B4 you get the chance to Snap :lol

I'd be interested in one myself :dwiwd

Guest metint
That wesal looks nifty :dwiwd I would pull this thread so some snake with $$$ doesn't patent it on you B4 you get the chance to Snap :lol

I'd be interested in one myself :lol

Leave the thread... it would be E-documentation of concept ownership... If someone else introduces such a tool, the design originator would have grounds for legal action. Anyway, patents are too costly for something as simple as this device... you'd never recoup your investment unless the price was astronomical.

Furthermore, patents are not well honored in many places outside the USA (and Canada), which makes it easy for someone to knock off products... then of course Nafta allows the dumping of these products right back in.

I came up with a flat glass trim tool that would cut the film 1/32nd of an inch away from the frame consistently and easily... CP chose not to patent the idea based upon what I said above. It experienced a quiet demise... :thumb

Guest metint

Best thing 'snap' could do with this idea is to have it made from plastic, which would require a mold be built... minimum cost for mold are in the neighborhood of $8500.oo - $10,000.oo USD.

Calculate how many would have to be sold to recoup the mold investment and that would be the number that needs to be sold immediately to continue. Unless of course you have that kind of spare change lying around.

Or contact an existing tool maker/designer, capture their interest and negotiate a deal...

http://www.filmtools.net/

http://www.tintwizardinc.com/External/HomeExt.asp

Archived