Solar Gard

I learned to tint with LLumar and have been using it for the last 4 1/2 years. I recently started buying solar gard and it shrinks horrible. I know many shops around me that use solar gard and I have seen their work and its good but I am dreading I get a new beetle in the shop or something similar. I don't feel confident at all shen shrinking the film. Any tips? I stopped locking it down on the sides of the "H", instead just pulling the stress with my hand and it seems to work a little better. Anyhow, I know this stuff is possible to shrink anything with And its kinda nice to have a something new to conquer but any tips would sure help

Can't you seam a back glass in 2 minutes?

Devil

Guest L.L.Tint

LLumar shrinks better than Solargard. But it doesn't take much to get used to shrinking Solargard.

All I ever use is a Milwaukee heat gun. It works just fine.

I learnt using S/G and switched to Sungard but then reverted beck to SG.

If u can shrink film then it doesnt matter wot film u r using if u r confident enough :rollin

Guest DaVinylGuy

I was tinting a 98 acura CL last night, I wanted to hit the bar and get drunk after the 3rd. :fdup lucky number 3, time tring to tint that window in one peice. Or is it suppose to be done in 2?? HELP!!! :fdup

Guest DaVinylGuy

One other thing, Solar Gard HP and NR what is the differents and when should one be used and not the other. I was using HP on the CL ??

he's right if you can shrink film then you can shrink any film! it helps to have a great heat gun!

Exactly, you have got to have a "good wave motion gun". Once mine ever goes, I will be updating to the supposed king of heat guns.

Guest metint
LLumar shrinks better than Solargard. But it doesn't take much to get used to shrinking Solargard.

Some people's threshold for pain (in the ass) is higher than others...

Archived