New Hawaii rules

Guest S and S
WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING ON THEIR HIGH HORSE AND SAYING

"IT'S WRONG TO TINT ILLEGAL." THATS BS. A CUSTOMER COMES INTO

THE SHOP AND SAYS HERE IS WHAT I WANT. BY THE WAY OUR SHOP

IS A PRIVATE PROPERTY, NOT A PUBLIC ROAD. SO ITS JUST LIKE AN OFF ROAD

SHOP.. THE SHOP INSTALLS THIS LIFT KIT THAT IF ON THE PUBLIC STREETS

CAN GET YOU PULLED OVER..

WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE TRYING TO CONTROL WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS.

SOUNDS LIKE TO ME, THAT ALL THE PEOPLE BITCHING ABOUT DOING

ILLEGAL WORK ARE THE ONES THAT GOT CAUGHT. WE ARE HERE TO

PROVIDE WINDOW TINTING AND SOLAR CONTROL SERVICES.

WE ARE NOT HERE TO BE GOD AND JUDGE PEOPLE AND SAY

THAT SHOPS THAT TINT FRONT DOORS ARE HACKS--THATS BS

BOTTOM LINE ----DO WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS AND MAKE THEM

SIGN A WAIVER THAT THIS FILM IS FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY- OR SHOW

CARS THAT ARE TOWED. THIS WOULD PROBALLY WORK.

IN CALIFORNIA WE DONT WORRY ABOUT THIS ANYMORE

WE DO FRONT DOORS AND THATS IT. AN EXTRA 70.00 ISNT BAD X 4CARS PER DAY.

SO BASICALLY ALL STATES ARE DIFFERENT AND DO WHAT YOU THINK

YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH. THIS WAY THE CUSTOMER GETS WHAT HE WANTS.

BUT if you give the customer 5% and they have a wreck BECAUSE they couldnt see out at night and pulled out in front of someone THEN YOU should be held liable of manslauter since YOU installed illegal film....JMO!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That ALL CAPS post was the final straw for me. I've never anything more ridiculous. Just keep tinting like you do socal. They can't screw YOUR tint laws much more than they already have. As for everyone else who thinks tinting illegal is OK, I'm done arguing about this. Just keep rolling the dice. Sooner or later, you WILL crap out. I just hope it doesn't affect me. I only get irate about this because tinting is my way of surviving. Without tint, I truly have no idea what I would do to pay the bills. So everyone else can keep on going with this thread, I'm out.

Just sign a waiver?

Yeah, and make sure the customer also signs a pledge to lie to the civil lawyer, who subpoenas the driver to come to a deposition as part of discovery, prior to suing the shop/installer. And just in case they give you up SOCAL, put the deed to your house in an irrevocable trust just to cover yer azz. You do own a house...not live with your parents?

Simple ain't it?

Yippie! 2x Limo for all front dors from now on.

Guest BCCwintint

Everything that's been said at Devil's post and beyond is a dead-center bullseye. I won't install illegal film because I care about the future of this industry. I want automotive tinting to be around long into the future so I can become a master at the trade and someday be able to say I have 20 years experience in my profile here at TD.com. If politicians do ban automotive tinting, it's gonna be because of illegal installers like socal who don't give a fat-rat's butt about anyone but themselves. This is one of the only specialized skills that I've ever been able to do well, and I want it around forever.

And one other thing. Like wndo, I don't want Oregon's tint laws to become like California's. If all installers here do it legal then maybe there's less of a chance that will happen, I hope.

Guest ncinirator

Where does it stop. If the government said legal tint is anything above 75%, then changes the percentage again some time in the future how does that help tinters.

Dude what about people who make their living selling radar detectors or Li-dar detectors? Sometimes too much government is bad. I think that there should be and currently is a law that allows a certain level of tint to be on a car that is on public splace, but not a law that limits what the tinter can do.

If there were such things then trash auto(advance auto parts?) would be out of business cuase all they do around here is sell illegal colored headlamps to spanish guys to put on their yellow and purple honda civic! :shock

Guest autotintplus

good point ncinerator. It's basically called freedom and capitalism. We in this country are allowed to make products and sell them be it legal or not and then laws are made to squelch out those same products.

Do you not think some are getting paid under the table? Granted, not all lawmakers are crooks but you just have to wonder.

Guest BCCwintint

I've only one more thing to say concerning this tiresome thread-

R.I.P.

Like I've heard so many times on this forum, it's like beating a dead horse.

Archived