S55 rear glass

Guest firestorm

Guest firestorm

OMG. a little history here...

I had tinted pro from 1986-2001. since retired from tinting as I own graphics and sign shop. Good customer brought me his new mercedes to tint cause he trusted my work. (customer since 1989.). I was 2 years rusty, and was too busy, so I got this so called hot-shot asian tinter extrordinaire to do it for me. bah. he used sungard dyed film instead of metallized for straters. he didnt felt strip the weatherstrips and all roll ups are scratched, and rear turning purple... now I must say that the car is now 6 months old with 3000 miles on it. film should last far better than that. Called guy to retint car, 3 days later he shows up, removes 80% of glue and bails on job cause he cant reach bottom with deck in, and shrinks my madico ns-20 metallized (or attemps too) 3 tries failed. I redid all 6 side glass, but cant figure out how to get out the headrests to get the deck out, to remove the glue. can anyone shed some light for this old rusty tintdude? I hate fixing other peoples mess.... :thumb

Tell me about it.

Headrests in some cars make no sense. I've rebuilt everything on a car except transmissions and rear ends...but get humiliated by damn headrests.

Went to BMW service and had them print out factory instructions, complete with cartoon picture and everything. Nobody present could figure them out.

If they are electrically raised and lowered as some highend cars are...proceed with extreme caution as they have delicate/easily damaged mechanisms.

Guest Litespeeds

The rear deck does not have to be removed on the S-class. All you need to do is push the headrest button to drop the headrests down and that will give you all the room you need to tint. To remove the 3rd brake light, just use something to pry up the piece which is held on by about 10 small clips. That's all you need to do. If it is a newer model, the defrost lines are in between the laminated glass but if it is a 2000-2001, then you will need to be careful not to damage the defrost lines. Good luck.