Thick security films and specks

When using films of 7 ply and up, how do you try to eliminate the tiniest speck under the film turning into a huge rock when covered over by film?

I did some 7 thou today and it looks magnificient but up real close especially from outside, you can see the odd white bubble due to a bit of crap.

Even when totally dry it doesn't go away when hard pressed.

I'm just wondering how you all get on with this inherit niggle associated with the fitting of these films?

Devil

hey ,

you really should think about how your doing the installation process, do youhave someone helping you out? try spraying extra water or whatever it is you use, alot of it, sometimes it is from when you install it and try moving it around, which I think its pretty hard cause its very thick, I've done it before, when you try to move it around it creates that whiteish looking mark. or after you install it, if you notice a rock or tiny rock, before squeeging out the water peel the film back carefully and remove the debris/rock and WALLA! you got it, but if its a big window and the contamination is found right in the middle of the job then you better thank god its just clear safety film!

my .02. :thumb

Guest atypicaldave

Clear safety film creates a lot of static when removing the liner? Do you mist the material on both sides before pulling the liner off?

Try wetting just the film adhesive and not the glass. Less is more sometimes. :dunno

ATD,

I've never wetted both sides of the film prior to laying it up on the glass. :rollin Never seen the need to.

Both I do more than mist I can tell you. I've always been amazed how you Yankees often mention just misting glass in previous postings.

I drown the glass and reverse roll it down the pane. Nothing is worse than developing a dry spot and then you are in deep :popcorn trying to move the film.

Devil