BMW X3

Devil with bad attitude

Here's the outcome.

The new mid sized 4WD from BMW is not bad to do.

Easy one piece rear, a bit hard to get at near the top because the spoiler is in the way.

Rear fixed 1/4's are a delight including the small ones in the rear doors.

However, the doors are not nice. Trims have to come off to get the film right into the frames in order to not expose an unsightly edge. The rubber gasket is incredibly tight against the glass and I doubt any gasket wizard would work here. Take the trims off.

Rear doors.....typical BMW. Long grab handle has 2 srews hidden under the plastic cover. Another screw in behind the "airbag" plug has to come out as well. Last screw in door release catch is also easy to take out.

Once all screws are removed, door trim can be levered out towards you as the trim is made home by a number of male/female typical lugs.

Top of door trim at glass level is tight as all hell to pull out as it is pushed home into a usual BMW series of 5 slots.

Once the trim is held ajar off the door, it is then easy to lift out the rubber gasket and then push back the door trim to temporary hold it in place so it doesn't fall to the floor.

Front doors....same as rear except it is harder to get the rubber insert gasket back in. You will find it easier to pull away the window surround plastic moulding at the bottom corner in order to get this gasket back in.

All windup window glass can be moved up or down even with the film wet without crunching the leading edges at the top.

Do all your cutting externally for the 4 doors as you will not be able to to cut the top edge internally if you like the install a snug fit.

Devil

Guest TintPimp
no..I just pulled back on the gaskets and slid it right in. (I dont like to pull panels)  :bs

[*]234107

Can I know how you did this as it will make my life much easier :wall:dunno:bs

Archived