2005 Audi A4

blade

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest naughtydog

For Blade...

When tucking the rubbers, do you tint the top section of the window, raise it, tuck the rubber and then fit the botom half?? I have never really tucked but I did an A4 estate today, I tinted just the rear end and I used a red devil to pull the seal back. I think I would get cleaner jobs though with tucking the rubbers as it seems less fiddly and stressful to the film.

Whant is your tool of choice for tucking?? How long before you untuck??

Thanks

Naughty

On any of the 2005 audis I do the top, roll it up, tuck the seal, and finish the window. We've found that these new Audis have a tension sensor or something. (that's what the auto glass installer we work with calls it) If the seal is tucked and you roll the window up the seal is tight enough against the window that instead of the window going up when you want it to....it automatically rolls all the way down. :thumb It's happened to us about 6 times now. It's a great way to ruin a good piece of film. :dunno

:heh anyway...back to you question. I use a hook-tool to pull the seal back up. We've got a normal one from performance tools, and we've got a small dentist's tool type of hook-tool. My installer uses a bone to untuck his seals. Alot of times it just a matter of pulling back on the top of the panel and the seal pops up. I usually just heat the bottom of the window up to the point that it's almost too hot to touch...then let it cool and untuck the seals.

Guest ninjatinter

Looks good Ole boy :thumb Thanks for the heads up. I usually do lots of Audis :dunno Can you get a Bulldozer from Bekaert??

Guest ninjatinter

Hell I could be older than you!!!! I just like to sound like leo :thumb You know like using SIR alot, stuff like that. I will have my owne forum dialoge like Tint terrorist :heh Guess I will have to get friendly with the performance site :dunno

Guest naughtydog

Thanks Blade,

When you have done the top, do you then clean the bottom or flush it out?? The reason I ask is that I normally cut the pattern, raise the window, clean it, drop the window a bit, mount the top and then bring the window up, flush the bottom and install.

I usually pull the seal back with a red devil.

I still get the odd speck even with taping all the seals off with duct tape and occasionaly a tiny crease at the sides that can normally be heated out.

I suppose that when you tuck, you simply pull the edges of the film in slightly, and drop it down into the space that the seal occupied....sounds good to me.

I messed a piece up today as I did'nt shrink it prior to installing... :dunno

Do you use a hard card for tucking??

Thanks

Naughty

Archived