Sorry if I'm ignorant.. tips.

hey Guys.. I am mostly into PPF forum on here.. but I do a lto of tint for dealers.. But now I just got a plotter, and figured it would be cool to use for the tint as well.. I just never asked how to cut the film so you can lay it (the graphics) on the glass. What I am wondering is about which side to cut through and how deep to cut, etc. I'm not asking for a book about it, just the basics and I can figure out the rest.

Guest Windshieldwizard

If your looking to figure the pressure of the blade you have to experiment ex.vinyl I have mine set at 90 for pressure cause the blade is old and film is set at 45 grams I think its in just have to experiment

hey Guys.. I am mostly into PPF forum on here.. but I do a lto of tint for dealers.. But now I just got a plotter, and figured it would be cool to use for the tint as well.. I just never asked how to cut the film so you can lay it (the graphics) on the glass.  What I am wondering is about which side to cut through and how deep to cut, etc.  I'm not asking for a book about it, just the basics and I can figure out the rest.

[*]245419

You want to cut the film side and not the liner,the blade should barely score the liner,you will figure this out by---what they said--trial and error! Good luck! ss

So I got it so far.. barely cut through the film side, not the liner.. just like cutting vinyl.. But like you said about intricate patterns. How do you lay them on the glass without them coming apart.. you say premask the liner.. but what does that do when you go to lay it on the glass.? Would this work: set the blade depth so it doesnt cut through the film, and then lay the film on the glass as a whole piece, then peel/ tear off the areas unwanted... cutting the corners and such??? sounds like that would work.. but have the chance of tearing the film.. like you would have to re-cut the pattern, but with a pre-set line to trace.. am I getting it???

Archived