contamination....help!

Guest val

being kinda new at this, can some of you more experienced guys and gals give me a few tips on why I get the little white specs on the glass.? the cleaning method I use is razor the glass, use a scrubby, squeegee,clean the seals, sqeegee again, inspect,and install. I have a good clean shop and I still get the damn specs. driving me nuts. any methods to stop this would sure be appriciated.  thanks

[*]245759

In extra dirty conditions (like in here :hmmm ) (no comments from the peanut gallery!!) I spray the film not the glass. Sometimes when you spray the top of the glass you get the run down from all the dirt the gaskets/frame or whatever hide/hold. Also precut works good in extra extra dirty situations. I use less water in those installations. Works for me usually if not I sing this is the way we wash our film. :mad:hmmm

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pAiNtBaLlEr88

I had a little experience with ripped headliner today when installing film, so when you have ripped headliner, you'll more than likely have a foam material showing and it's best to tape that down or cover it with some kind of something so the foam "dust" doesn't cause contamo like it did to me today.

who would have thought a simple contamination problem would turn into a train wreck. did three more cars since I got the "tips" from you all, with damn good results. went to the bottled water, and lot less sraying of the glass, working great. going to get the s/s srayer instead of hand held, probably help even more. thanks again guy's, you'll make a tinter out of me yet.

who would have thought a simple contamination problem would turn into a train wreck. did three more cars since I got the "tips" from you all, with damn good results. went to the bottled water, and lot less sraying of the glass, working great. going to get the s/s srayer instead of hand held, probably help even more.  thanks again guy's, you'll make a tinter out of me yet.

[*]247132

:krazy

Archived