to start on my own, what do I need?

Guest disgruntled wiz

Guest disgruntled wiz

I am planning to leave the wiz in the next few months. I plan to start my own PDR company, but not go into the wiz's accounts. I wpould like to know what I need to get started as far as owning my own buisness. I know I will need some type of "garage insurance" to work on peoples cars. Can someone recommend a company that operates in NJ and PA? Also, do I need a buisness checking account and do I need to officially form a buisness in the state I plan to do buisness in? Just a little help needed to get started here, thanks.

Guest disgruntled wiz

I have 6 years combined experience with 2 different companies in this field. I plan to be 100% mobile, I have a cell phone which many clients already use to contact me and I am currently looking into the correct insurance that I will need. The buisness cards are no problem, I cant really start advertising until I am actually ready to leave DW. I will most likely find most of my buisness by word of mouth and from going to different shops/dealerships and doing demonstrations for potential clients. It will not take too much money for me to get started, and I have a small amount saved up to get me going. I am just wondering about how to get a tax ID number and how to register my company name. Do I register it in the state I live or the state I will be doing alot of work in? If registered in one state, is there anything else needed to do buisness in another state?

Thanks for the advice. I am taking it all very seriously.

Archived