2003 hyunda xg350

Guest RazorsEdge2005

Most beginning tinters will probably trash a few thousand feet in film before they even begin to realize what needs to happen with any type of shrinking method....some not as much, some much much more.

No one can really tell you what to do. You have to practice and get the basics down literally on your own. When you learn the basics and can handle an easy back glass shrink, only then will any of our advice help you. Otherwise, it's all Greek to you.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RazorsEdge2005

thanks for the advice. well im going to try heating the biggest fingers first then work with the rest of them. I guess concord will be getting alot more money from me lol.

Guest RazorsEdge2005

another ? I had was is it possible to be able to sorta rub the film down as I dry shrink it? mabe to make it more flatter to the glass. because when I have been dry shrinking it it would have fingers going horizontal. I was told dont touch it but I thought mabe if I try to make it flat to the glass it would help.

You will waste a lot more film than that if you are just starting out on curved glass. I have been doing this for over 15 years and just yesterday I wasted four feet of film while shrinking. It is an aquired feel, that takes many cars to master. All I can say is good luck... and if you are willing to pay to get this window done, why don't you take it to someone with more experience?

Guest KEDman
another ? I had was is it possible to be able to sorta rub the film down as I dry shrink it? mabe to make it more flatter to the glass. because when I have been dry shrinking it it would have fingers going horizontal. I was told dont touch it but I thought mabe if I try to make it flat to the glass it would help.

[*]265164

I primarily dry shape these days. I found that when I started to learn the technique it made it easier for me to have the middle line really wet. I would use a scrub pad and soak it pretty good. Then when I would push down on it as I was heatshrinking it would push the water down with it making the film stick to the glass better. As you get better at this you will learn what the tint is suppose to look like as you heat it and will need less water. Good luck with your learning.

Guest darkdan

OMG, 4th easiest car ever!!!!!!

It goes:

1.) late model Celica

2.) 1st Gen Olds Aurora

3.) WRX

4.) XG350

I just did one today. I <3 XG350s

Archived