2003 hyunda xg350

Guest RazorsEdge2005

Guest RazorsEdge2005

ok im trying to tint the back glass. I have tried everything. wet/dry shrinking with soap/babypowder..etc. I can not keep it from creasing. can someone tell me what to do? the last time I tried I soaped the backglass and waited for it to dry. then I cut hte film and locked the sides down. then I dry shrunk it. wetted it down and worked most of the ingers out but some places still had huge fingers and then it cresed or got to hot. any help please?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RazorsEdge2005

but all the cars I have tinted has been pickups and stuff with flat glass. I bet I have wasted 50 foot of film trying this car.

Guest RazorsEdge2005

mabe someone tell me how to do it because I have run out of ideas and tint. I would pay someone to tell me thats how bad its getting.

but all the cars I have tinted has been pickups and stuff with flat glass. I bet I have wasted 50 foot of film trying this car.

[*]264530

So if I'm reading this right...this is your first CURVED back glass...It will be very difficult to explain it to the point where your first car will come out with ANY creases :phone

All you can do outside of seeing it done is practice.

It's a "feel thing" .

A tip that might help...whe nshrinking your film wether it be powder method or soap once it's dried...when shrinking...smooth out the shrunk areas with a white scrubbie pad...it acts like a VERY soft smoothie which will smooth out the area that you shrunk...but without creasing it if you havn't shrink it enough in that area ...think of it as a "training " smoothy. :phone

[*]264530

You have to waste 50 unbelievable foot before you realise that you can invisibly seam it in what...2 mins and be done with it and pocket the savings????????????

This is the trouble these days.....learn the old ways and use these in conjunction with the new that you are screwing up.

Devil

Archived