Brainstorming

Guest dentman

Guest dentman

Hi -- great site!

I hope you guys can give me some much needed advice.

I'm working solo in a very competitive market, dominated by two major players in the field. Most dealerships are "sewed up" by these guys. I'm totally mobile, lettering on truck, using cell phone. My source of business hast mostly been from a couple of carwash facilities, mom & pop dealers and word of mouth.

I'd welcome any ideas on growing my business. Need some new ideas for advertising and new sources of business...been distributing brochures at car washes...have ad coming out in yellow pages.

What I'd like to find is a few steady streams of customers. I'm getting tired of beating the bushes.

Guest gothail?
Hi -- great site!

I hope you guys can give me some much needed advice.

I'm working solo in a very competitive market, dominated by two major players in the field.  Most dealerships are "sewed up" by these guys.  I'm totally mobile, lettering on truck, using cell phone.  My source of business  hast mostly been from a couple of carwash facilities, mom & pop dealers and word of mouth.

I'd welcome any ideas on growing my business.  Need some new ideas for advertising and new sources of business...been distributing brochures at car washes...have ad coming out in yellow pages.

What I'd like to find is a few steady streams of customers.  I'm getting tired of beating the bushes.

[*]265104

dent work just doesnt fall in your lap.

you got to get out and pound the bushes, provide great dent repair quality, and stop by those "sewed up" dealerships. no dealership is ever locked up, but dont go in and hizzo your self out either.

I would definitely try and talk with some tint shops. around here tint shops and PDR go hand and hand along with stereo shops all the guys know eachother.

ask if you can drop off some business cards or something :thumb try and get some referrals form some of those type places.

Guest Express Dent

dent work just doesnt fall in your lap.

you got to get out and pound the bushes, provide great dent repair quality, and stop by those "sewed up" dealerships. no dealership is ever locked up, but dont go in and hizzo your self out either.

[*]268312

exactly correct. Very few things good in business "just happen". You need to continually stop at a dealer, let them get to know you, see your face, maybe one day you will find an oportune moment and be able to fix a vehicle passed on or something that just came in. Stopping once or twice and fumbling around a showroom waiting to say hello to a GM probably wont show much reward. Get a hello a handshake and a business card into the Owner, GM, New car manager, Used car, Sevice writers, Bodyshop manager.........you get the idea. All of this doesnt mean you willbe able to crack the shell but you will have given yourself the best opportunity to do so.

If you get into one of these "sewed up" dealers, remember what got you there and realize that you cant fall into the same pattern that allowed your competiton to loose the dealer.

Guest Express Dent

Oh and one more thought....if your only "skill" is that your going to do it cheaper.......stay home and learn how to correctly repair a dent.

This isnt directed at you Dentman just a statement in general.

Guest dentman

Thanks for the suggestions. I need the pep talk about the dealerships. They're a tough nut to crack. One reason I stay away from them is I won't get into a p1ss1ng contest about price. I'm good at what I do...not bragging...just fact.

I'll be checking into the tint guys and stereo shops...hadn't really thought of that.

Thanks.

I would definitely try and talk with some tint shops. around here tint shops and PDR go hand and hand along with stereo shops all the guys know eachother.

ask if you can drop off some business cards or something :twocents try and get some referrals form some of those type places.

[*]268568

:shoot1

Archived