Europe auto tinting

Guest fimmo

I have to disagree,yes there are more suv'z etc coming out in the uk with factory tinted glass but overall it hasnt changed! I cant think of one car that comes as standard with factory tinted glass.......well maybe some lexus but nothing else not even bmw's! all fiats,hondas,toyotas.fords,gm/vauxhall/opel etc thinking about it pretty much everything is coming with standard glass so I think this is one guy passing on a what he thinks even though it's not accurate just what he 'saw'!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough Fimmo but that one guy owns 26 tint shops for the last 30+ years and knows what is factory and what isn't.

Down here in OZ we are starting to get vehicles like this filtering through more and more where once they never existed.

Brands like Mitusbishi, Toyota, Lexus, Land Rover etc..

Devil

As long as every state has it's own individual laws, we will never see privacy glass on most vehicles other than the big vans, suvs and some pickups.

I wouldn't even worry about it. Hell, alot of the times it brings a customer to you for a D/P whereas if it didn't have the privacy glass when they bought it, they would of never even considered getting film applied to their front rollups and would of just left the whole damn thing clear.

Guest TINTINGCOWBOY

is that an option that costs money or is it standard,I do not feel it will mak any impact with the japanese or american manufactures due to cost and state laws varying soo widely :coffee

Guest Diamond Tints

I agree with tint on its down to the film suppliers that will just sell to anyone to get a sale, regarding the guy in scotland sorry buddy but you say you haven't seen any cars with a manufacture tint you must have your eyes closed ,5 series, new mini but as too say this will affect us I dont think so as I get customers saying manufacture glass is either too dark or too light and people forget to order this as it is an option so no panic here not just now anyway :coffee

Guest Mrs RJE

RJE and I have also noticed more vehicles with factory tinted glass, but it doesn't really seem to be affecting our business as of yet.

The way I see it is that there are the people who go to order their new vehicle from the dealership who know exaclty what they want I.e. factory tinted glass among other extras.

There are also those people who go to the dealership, see almost the exact car that they want on the forecourt and want it asap, then as an afterthought almost, they decide that they would rather it had tinted windows.

These people do not wish to wait for another car to be shipped from the factory, and so they approach the local window tinter.

Either way they get what they want. :coffee

There is another effect which is that more dealerships formerly reluctant to the use of windowfilms are now starting to talk to tinters or even approach them for customers demand. It is like always, things change, some people see only negatives, others see new chances and start getting active with new opportunities coming from every change. I would like to stress one important point in this post again: Devil, your statements are some really strong tobacco. Think of the panic you may stir up amongst us with posts like this.

England is still suffering from an equally low blow derived from misinformation and completely false statements.

Guest signandtint

I cant think of one car that comes as standard with factory tinted glass.......well maybe some lexus but nothing else not even bmw's! all fiats,hondas,toyotas.fords,gm/vauxhall/opel etc thinking about it pretty much everything is coming with standard glass so I think this is one guy passing on a what he thinks even though it's not accurate just what he 'saw'!

fimmo

you must be kidding right?

bmw x5, new range rovers, discoverys, bmw 5 series rears, porsche cayenne, merc ml, vw touran, toureg and passat, even zafiras and marivas now all have dark glass rear end, on some its an optional extra but not a lot of money to have it from the factory, I.e. porsche cayenne ? 100.00 extra!

I agree with DWBA we have noticed since begining tinting cars 13 years ago in the last 5 years more are available ready tinted from the factory, it has made a big difference to our dealership work, but has had the effect of encouraging people with older models to get theirs tinted to modernise them,

but at the end of the day there are only so many older cars out there, 5 years worth perhaps?

coupled with the front drivers/pass. glass regulation ammendment and ENFORCEMENT, and the explossion of have a go at it tint shops popping up, you would be mental not to take notice and

diversify.

if we were solely dependent upon auto tinting we would be long gone.

:shock

I

I agree with DWBA we have noticed since begining tinting cars 13 years ago in the last 5 years more are available ready tinted from the factory, it has made a big difference to our dealership work, but has had the effect of encouraging people with older models to get theirs tinted to modernise them,

but at the end of the day there are only so many older cars out there, 5 years worth perhaps?

coupled with the front drivers/pass. glass regulation ammendment and ENFORCEMENT, and the explossion of have a go at it tint shops popping up, you would be mental not to take notice and

diversify.

if we were solely dependent upon auto tinting we would be long gone.

:dunno

[*]274273

I'm not saying that every tinter should curl up in a ball and die....far from it!

I'm just suggesting to have an awareness about you for those not willing to see the shift in a market could possibly get caught with their pants down in the years ahead.

Downunder, these cars with dark rear glass are only on top of the range models within that manufacturer and the new owner has no choice with that level of equipment. He gets it whether he wants it or not.

The real problem I see is when for us locally (and this will vary from country to country) we see dark factory glass offered on mainstream mum's and dad's cars.

A bit like the demise of retro airconditioning fitting. This market is nearly gone here as virtually all cars come with a/c and if they don't, they're fitted later by the dealer only.

Devil :lol6

Archived