lines/bubbles after install?!?!

:nope never heard them refered to as peanuts B4 (in Canada we refer to them as pucks...as in hockey pucks)  :thumb

TTC is right though...I found the mnot to be an issue with dry shrinking...only wet shrink with a metal component film...Did you get any moisture under the film when shrinking it?

If so ..avoid shrinking where it's wet underneath...certain cars have thivker lines than others ...resulting in "peanuts"  :nope

[*]280883

Had the same thing happen to the same back glass last week.

I think I did get into the wet portion of the soap method a little.

Maybe overshrank it, was what I thought.

The 'peanuts' showed worse in the area near the center strip of the 'H' pattern.

I've done several PT's and this is the only one this has happened to.

Guest SSC
PT's have very curved rear windows and pretty thick defroster lines, so the combination of the two leads to puckering.

carefull shrinking and possibly two piecing is in order. the steel wool treatment helps, too.

[*]281239

where are you guys finding PT's that aren't already tinted? :thumb

To much slip solution will cause puckers on defrosters also! :bling

[*]281619

I'll keep that in mind.

Never had any trouble til this last one. I told him to cme back in week or so to see if I could push them down, haven't seen him back yet.

thanks for the tips....these were also going up and down not with the def lines and thoese are what you guys are talking about right?

[*]282095

Same thing here, I tried to push them out but the defrost lines are so thick they just sucked back up again.

I have one pieced all the others with no prob., I hate to seam anyting if I can help it.

Archived